Friday, April 24, 2009

Library - Thing - 11

As I am taking the cataloging course at Sac City right now, I am really starting to understand and enjoy cataloging.  Library Thing is more a social library catalog, though. The options available to uploading your books are impressive.  I wish I had a barcode scanner.  The adding books and finding them seems real sluggish though.  The layout is very busy when editing your books.

When it comes to making lists of my collection and rating and reviewing and sharing with others, I prefer www.goodreads.com.  However I do like the widget from Library Thing to include cover flow of books on my list directly to my blog.

@Chris - AACR2 is a great book, it has all the rules and some very pecuilar wording. Probably cause Anglo comes before American in this title.  So i must share a strange rule from the book.


My favorite rules from AACR2 - 
21.26A - Enter a communication presented as having been received from a spirit under the heading for the spirit (see 22.14).  Make an added entry under the heading for the medium or other person recording the communication.

22.14A - Add (Spirit) to a heading established for a spirit communication (see 21.26).
Parker, Theodore (Spirit)

2 comments:

  1. Goodreads has a cover widget, too: http://www.goodreads.com/user/edit?tab=widgets

    ReplyDelete
  2. It hurts to even try to understand that rule from AACR2. I will NEVER be a cataloger...

    ReplyDelete