Thursday, July 16, 2009

24 Mangos? Or is it, that Thing 24 is a Mango.

Well, I intended to sneak this in before the auto post about twitter. That didn't happen for 2 reasons, first the database portion of the site was down the last time I had time to Mango, and secondly I'm easily distracted.

Mango is really cool. I really liked it when it was sent out for the whole staff to review when we were selecting some new databases. I just don't have time right now to do 3 lessons, as they seem to take well over an hour each to complete. I chose to do Japanese, since I took it in high school, I still understand the structure of the language but pretty much lost all the vocabulary. After about 50 slides the first 4 or 5 slides are repeated several times so that by the end of the lesson the whole thing is fairly well drilled into your head. I skipped ahead to the later lessons, and discovered that the whole system is built on the previous lessons as well. Each lesson builds on the prior.

No comments:

Post a Comment